The State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Representation of the International Centre for Migration Policy Development in Azerbaijan announce a photo contest on "Migration in Azerbaijan through your lens” on the occasion of "18 December -International Migrants Day"!
In order to increase attention to the integration of migrants living and working in Azerbaijan into society, to publicize, through a creative approach, the daily lifestyle and integration of migrants, as well as their activities in Azerbaijan in various fields, to draw people's attention to the International Migrants Day, and to enable the demonstration of individual and different views on the subject of migration, the State Migration Service of the Republic of Azerbaijan together with the Representation of the International Centre for Migration Policy Development in Azerbaijan announces a photo contest on the eve of "18 December - International Migrants Day ".[i]
Photo materials submitted to the contest should reflect the closeness of foreigners living in our country on a temporary and permanent basis (working, studying, engaged in entrepreneurial activities, having family ties, etc.) to Azerbaijan, their views on Azerbaijani culture, nature, cuisine, etc., their daily lifestyles, different aspects of their relationships with people. Any photo composition that creates an association with the topic of migration processes and migrants in Azerbaijan is accepted for the contest.
The winner and awardees (1st place 1 person, 2nd place 1 person, 3rd place 1 person, incentive place 2 people) will be announced on December 16, 2022 at the event organized on the eve of "International Migrant Day".
Photo materials should be sent to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Migration in Azerbaijan through your lens" by December 5, 2022.
Terms of the competition:
- Photos must be sent in JPEG format, 300 dpi, no less than 2000 pixels on the long side and no less than 3 MB in size (there is no limit to submitting photos taken with a phone).
- Photos must be taken within the last 3 years.
- Each participant can submit a maximum of 3 photos to the contest.
- Submitted photos must be owned by the author. The original photo copy may be requested if required. It is forbidden to send any other authors’ photos or photos downloaded from the Internet.
- Photos must be submitted in digital format in color or black and white.
- The photo should not have any name, symbol, logo or watermark on it. In this case, the photos will not be accepted for the competition.
- No manipulations or changes are accepted in the photo other than acceptable interference such as cropping, color saturation, sharpness, dust and contrast correction. The artistic structure of the photo should not be changed.
- When submitting photos, the name of the photo and the year it was taken should be mentioned.
- The organizers of the competition are not responsible for the permission and copyright of the photos of the participants.
- Prize-winning photos may be printed for non-commercial purposes, only for exhibition, presentation, and promotional purposes, by the State Migration Service mentioning the author's name and surname.
- Photos will be coded and presented to the judges anonymously. Photos will be scored by judges. Only one photo per participant can win. If several photos receive the same score, then the jury is entitled to choose the most artistically superior one as the winner. The decision of the jury is not discussed and their decision is final. Preference will be given to photos submitted specifically for the contest.
- Each person who participates in the contest accepts the terms and conditions.
- Photos that violate moral and ethical standards, depict violence and other scenes that have a negative effect on human psychology are not accepted.
1st place - Photocamera
2nd place – GoPro videocamera
3rd place – Monitor with high technical specifications
Incentive place - special presents